- About Us
Just a brief reminder that when attending for a flu vaccination at the surgery, it also gives us the opportunity to discuss any other vaccinations you may be eligible for, such as protection against shingles or the pneumococcus bacteria (one of the commonest causes of severe respiratory infections).
It is also a good time to have your blood pressure checked if needed and your medical records updated with any other changes in lifestyle or circumstances.
Do not delay, book for your flu jab as soon as possible by either phoning the surgery (after 10am) or booking online.
With our best wishes.
Following a high number of repeated missed appointments in recent months, patients requiring ‘Private Medicals’ will be required to pay 50% of the fee prior to the Consultation.
These Consultations can take up to 30 minutes with the GP and the surgery would urge patients to call and re-arrange if unable to make ANY booked appointments, increasing availability and reducing wasted appointments.
The surgery (and telephone lines) will be closed from 1pm on the 14th October for staff training. Medical cover will be provided by the out of hours service and the telephones will automatically divert. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
The purpose of the patient participation group (PPG) is to ensure that patients and carers are involved in decisions about the range, shape and quality of services provided by their practice.
The aims are to build on the existing arrangements by:
- Promoting innovative forms of patient participation
- Ensuring participation is representative particularly in seldom heard groups, including patients with metal health conditions who may be under represented
- Improve the focus on outcomes of patient participation as opposed to processes
- Improving communication channels with people whose practices may otherwise not get the opportunity to engage
- Developing patient champions who work with practices to support particular issues, or particular groups
- Providing opportunities for patients to find out more about how the practice and the wider health economy works
- Develop the Surgery Newsletter
There will be an open forum on Wednesday 2nd September from 4pm. All Welcome who would like to join the group
The surgery (and telephone lines) will be closed from 1pm to 3pm on the 8th July for staff training purposes. Medical cover will be provided by the out of hours service and the telephones will automatically divert. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.